P.A.W.S. in Detention Section Attend Sam’s Club Safety Fair
El Paso County Sheriff’s Office
3850 Justice Dr., El Paso, Texas 79938
Public Information Officer, Mariano Valle
Office: (915) 538-2119
“We Serve With Pride”
Officer Solano and Officer Lopez from the PAWS in Detention section attended the “Sam’s Club Safety Fair" at the Sam’s Club on Saturday June 21, 2014 from 0800 hrs. to 1200 hrs. PAWS officers took Canine Cadet Carlitos to the event and demonstrated training to the public. Display boards were present to advertise the PAWS Program. Officers passed out pamphlets and informed individuals about the program and its function. Pamphlets contained program details and contact information for donations and adoptions. Officers also demonstrated on how to approach a dog to reduce the risk of being bitten. Officer’s also discussed ways to keep pets safe and healthy during extreme weather conditions. Paw Protectors were available to educate the public that equipment is available to prevent injury in extreme heat.
· Several families showed interest in Cadet Carlitos which will hopefully lead to his adoption into a forever home.
· Staff provided valuable information on the PAWS program and its dedication to providing vocational training to inmates and the positive impact being made.
· $ 67.00 was collected in donations from the community.
· Chief Deputy S. Aguilar was present to show support to the PAWS Program and made another generous donation for our Canine Cadets.
· Due to limited space only one Cadet was allowed to attend this event.