- The Mission of the Parks Division at Ascarate Park is to provide a mix of rich cultural, recreational and social opportunities for the citizens of El Paso County and those visiting the Sun City. All who enter the park are extended the opportunity to participate in recreational activities in a safe and secure environment while enhancing the quality of life to all that call El Paso home.
- The Ascarate Park department is responsible for the maintenance and operations of the park which spans approximately 480 acres, including a 48 acre surface layer lake which is open to the public all year round.
- The park provides a clean and safe environment for the recreational needs of the residents of El Paso. Ascarate Park also actively participates in the formation of public policy and programs pertaining to local, state, and federal levels that affect the park as well as recreational planning and methods of financing that affect the leisure opportunities of the residents of the County.
- The vision of the Parks Division at Ascarate Park is to maintain the highest standards of personnel efficiency and expertise to guarantee performance consistent with specialized obligations. This also includes the implementation of a Ã¢â‚¬Å“Park Master PlanÃ¢â‚¬Â as a guide for park improvement that will direct the division on how to best meet the needs of communities in El Paso County.
- To strive for improvements that will continue to meet and exceed changes conducive to the improved quality of life as well as the development and maintenance of a clean, safe and welcoming park atmosphere to all that visit the park.
- Develop and maintain a continuous program of education and outreach with the public and private sectors that emphasizes the social and economic values of a comprehensive park and recreational area for citizens of El Paso County.
- To increase park facilities and vegetation as well as increase the amount family picnic shelters, grilling stations, jogging/ walking trails and playground equipment,
- To improve restroom facilities, new streets and install baseball field lighting, remodeled boat docks and concession stands along with new handball, basketball and tennis courts
- Establish new projects such as the Ascarate Park Tree Farm, a new semi-private picnic area, the Paralyzed Veterans fishing area and a general up-lift on all park restrooms
- Implement a marketing, promotional and outreach plan for the County Parks Division