- Golf Course
- 6900 Delta, (915) 772-7381 (MAP)
- Boasting more than 300 sunny days a year; El Paso is home to the Golf Course at Ascarate Park. An amazing course for year-round play and centrally located in the heart of the city, the golf course offers those that play many ways to enjoy the sunshine along with a challenging yet rewarding course.
- The 18-hole course at the Municipal Golf Course facility features 6,565 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 71. The course also has a nine-hole short course, or practice course called the Delta Nine. The course has a clubhouse, putting green, driving range as well as space for meetings. Designed by George Hoffman, the Ascarate golf course opened in 1955.
- The golf course is situated alongside Ascarate Lake, which covers 48 surface acres, including a small lake at 4 acres. The lakes are fed by a series of underground wells. These wells provide a portion of the water required to maintain the golf course.
- Headed by PGA Golf Professional, Mike Smith and Esther Ramirez, they along with their dedicated staff are on hand to assist with all your game day needs as well as answer any questions regarding the course and the park.
- The Ascarate Golf course has a rich history where generations of players have learned the game. Playing at Ascarate Golf Course is a tradition for many El Paso families and many that come to visit El Paso.
- Come for the golf and stay for the majestic views of both the city as well as the mountains that keep El Paso and the Ascarate Golf Course nestled in the heart of American Southwest.