- Golf Course
- 6900 Delta, (915) 771-2380 (MAP)
- Nestled in the heart of American Southwest, and boasting more than 300 sunny days a year, El Paso is home to the Golf Course at Ascarate Park. This is the perfect facility for affordable year-round play; we are El Paso’s hidden gem centrally located only minutes from downtown and the airport.
- Ascarate Municipal Golf Course is a 27-hole facility. Designed by golf course architect George Hoffman, the doors were open for business in 1955. This makes the Golf Course at Ascarate Park one of the oldest golf courses in the city. We are proud of our rich history steeped in tradition. On any given Sunday, you can witness three generations playing and learning this game together, as they have for over 50 years.
- Our “MAIN 18” measures out at a challenging 6,579 yards from the Blue Tees with a PAR 71. Straight hitters can take advantage of our generous tree-lined fairways, and our greens are the best kept secret in El Paso. Beware of the back 9! Water comes into play on 5 holes, and there is a treacherous stretch of holes that has been lovingly named “Hell’s Corner” by our members. It will test the nerves of even the most seasoned golfers.
- Our “DELTA 9” is a short 9-hole course that measures 2,657 yards from the white tees and plays to a PAR 36. It consists of a relatively flat terrain, and there is very little trouble throughout the track. Since its opening, the DELTA 9 has been the perfect place for beginners to learn the nuances of the game. If you’re pressed for time, the DELTA is your spot as most golfers finish 9 in about 90 minutes.
- The lighted practice facility and driving range make Ascarate Golf Course the ideal location to hone your skills. With three putting greens, two chipping greens and one practice bunker we are more than equipped to accommodate all your practice needs.
- The Golf Course at Ascarate Park is headed by PGA Golf Professional Mike Smith, Pro-Shop Supervisor Chris Gomez, and their dedicated and knowledgeable staff. They are on hand to assist with all of your game day needs.
- Come for the golf and stay for the majestic views of both the city and the mountains that make El Paso and Ascarate Golf Course a diamond in the rough.