- It’s time to rediscover a tradition that has spanned over 60 years in El Paso County. The lake at Ascarate Park covers 48 surface acres and offers canoe and pedal boat rentals.
- Check back for seasonal availability. For any questions, please call the Parks & Special Events office at 915-771-2380.
- Ascarate Lake boasts some of the best fishing in the Southwest. The lake is home to trout (winter), catfish (summer), largemouth bass, black bass, sun perch, blue gill, carp, shad, crappie hybrid sunfish and minnows.
- Anglers are restricted to two fishing poles each, with a limit of five fish per visit to the lake
- Fishing Policies
- Adults 17 and older: Fishing License is required; fishing licenses can be obtained at most sporting good stores. Please check with those sporting good shops for license pricing as well as the Texas Park and Wildlife website for the latest information regarding fees and policies.