Financial Recovery Division
500 E. San Antonio
Room 106
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 543-3892
Email us

Financial Recovery Division Go to homepage

  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • What can I do if my Specialist hasn’t returned my calls?

    Due to the amount of calls received in our office, your specialist should return your call within 24 hours. Be sure to call back and leave a detailed message including your name, your case number, and a call back number. If you fail to leave those details in your message, your call will not be returned.

    What happens if my payment lands on a weekend?

    If your payment date is on a weekend or holiday, you can give your payment the business day before or the business day after.

    Can someone else come and make the payment on my behalf?

    Yes, someone can give a payment on your behalf as long as they have your correct case number.

    Will my credit card be processed on that same day?

    Yes, your credit card will be processed by the end of that business day.

    Can I leave my credit card on file for monthly withdrawals?

    No, we do not keep credit card information on file due to it being private information. Every month, when making a payment by phone, you will need to provide your card number again.

    What should I do if I receive a notice after making a payment?

    If you receive a notice after making a payment, you can call your specialist to ask about your status.

    What should I do if I receive a notice from your office?

    Call your specialist regarding your case status and they will advise you on how to proceed with your case.

    What if I cannot make my payment on time?

    You have a 3-day grace period from your due date to make your payment. If your payment will be later than 3 days late, get in contact with your specialist to be granted an extension.

    Can I pay ahead or pay my case in full at any time?

    You have an open account in our office and you are able to pay in full, pay ahead, or pay more than your monthly payment amount at any time.

    What fees are included in my payment plan?

    Your balance in our office includes your court cost and fines imposed by the judge.

    Can I pay my case online?

    Misdemeanor case payments can be made online with a debit or credit card.
    Justice of the Peace case payments can be made online only when paying in full.
    Felony case payments cannot be made online.

    Can I make my payments in cash?

    Cash payments are accepted for payments made in person only. Do not mail cash to our office.

    Will I get a late fee if I am late on my payment?

    There are no late fees when you are late on payments but you do run the risk of defaulting on your payment arrangement and receiving a call and/or notice.

    What should I do if I want to pay ahead?

    When you want to pay ahead on your payment arrangement, you must contact your specialist so they can make the necessary modifications to your case so the payment is distributed correctly.

    How are monthly payments determined?

    Monthly payments are determined after an application is completed and a financial evaluation is done. The financial evaluation includes monthly income and monthly expenses.

    What is a Capias Pro Fine?

    A Capias Pro Fine is a type of warrant issued after failure to comply with court costs and Fees in the Financial Recovery Division.

    What warrants does the Financial Recovery Division request for owed fees?

    The Financial Recovery Division only requests “Capias Pro Fine” warrants. The warrant is not active until signed by judge.

    What happens if a Capias Pro Fine is issued for outstanding fees?

    Capias Pro Fine warrants can only be recalled after balance is paid in full and judge signs order recalling warrant.

    What warrants does Financial Recovery Division submit for recall?

    The Financial Recovery Division can only submit for “Capias Pro Fine” warrant recall once the case is paid in full.

    How can I get my Capias Pro Fine recalled after I have paid in full?

    Once you have paid your balance in full, contact the Financial Recovery Division ASAP. Ensure to have your case number ready so warrant can be located in system.

    How is my Capias Pro Fine recalled if I pay on the website or at kiosk?

    The system cannot automatically recall a Capias Pro Fine. An order with judge’s signature is required. Once you have paid your balance in full, contact the Financial Recovery Division ASAP.

    What happens if I make a partial payment to my case with an open warrant?

    Any partial payments posted to a case with a Capias Pro Fine will remain an active warrant until paid in full.

    If arrested on a warrant for outstanding fees, do I get time served toward credit?

    No, the balance on a Capias Pro Fine warrant does not reflect payments posted after the warrant was activated. Time served has to be for the balance reflected on the warrant.

    Which warrants does Financial Recovery not request for issuance?

    The Financial Recovery Division does not have the authority to request issuance or recall of warrants such as Capias Motion to Revoke, Probation, Bench Warrant, Alias Capias Judgment NISI, Failure to Appear, etc..