Financial Recovery Division
500 E. San Antonio
Room 106
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 543-3892
Email us

Financial Recovery Division Go to homepage

  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • WARRANT Section
  • What can I do if my Specialist hasn’t returned my calls?

    Due to the amount of calls received in our office, your specialist should return your call within 24 hours. Be sure to call back and leave a detailed message including your name, your case number, and a call back number. If you fail to leave those details in your message, your call will not be returned.

    What happens if my payment lands on a weekend?

    If your payment date is on a weekend or holiday, you can give your payment the business day before or the business day after.

    Can someone else come and make the payment on my behalf?

    Yes, someone can give a payment on your behalf as long as they have your correct case number.

    Will my credit card be processed on that same day?

    Yes, your credit card will be processed by the end of that business day.

    Can I leave my credit card on file for monthly withdrawals?

    No, we do not keep credit card information on file due to it being private information. Every month, when making a payment by phone, you will need to provide your card number again.

    What should I do if I receive a notice after making a payment?

    If you receive a notice after making a payment, you can call your specialist to ask about your status.

    What should I do if I receive a notice from your office?

    Call your specialist regarding your case status and they will advise you on how to proceed with your case.

    What if I cannot make my payment on time?

    You have a 3-day grace period from your due date to make your payment. If your payment will be later than 3 days late, get in contact with your specialist to be granted an extension.

    Can I pay ahead or pay my case in full at any time?

    You have an open account in our office and you are able to pay in full, pay ahead, or pay more than your monthly payment amount at any time.

    What fees are included in my payment plan?

    Your balance in our office includes your court cost and fines imposed by the judge.

    Can I pay my case online?

    Misdemeanor case payments can be made online with a debit or credit card.
    Justice of the Peace case payments can be made online only when paying in full.
    Felony case payments cannot be made online.

    Can I make my payments in cash?

    Cash payments are accepted for payments made in person only. Do not mail cash to our office.

    Will I get a late fee if I am late on my payment?

    There are no late fees when you are late on payments but you do run the risk of defaulting on your payment arrangement and receiving a call and/or notice.

    What should I do if I want to pay ahead?

    When you want to pay ahead on your payment arrangement, you must contact your specialist so they can make the necessary modifications to your case so the payment is distributed correctly.

    How are monthly payments determined?

    A Capias Pro Fine is a type of warrant issued after failure to comply with court costs and Fees in the Financial Recovery Division.

    What is a Capias Pro Fine?

    A Capias Pro Fine is a type of warrant issued after failure to comply with court costs and Fees in the Financial Recovery Division.

    What warrants does the Financial Recovery Division request for owed fees?

    The Financial Recovery Division only requests “Capias Pro Fine” warrants. The warrant is not active until signed by judge.

    What happens if a Capias Pro Fine is issued for outstanding fees?

    Capias Pro Fine warrants can only be recalled after balance is paid in full and judge signs order recalling warrant.

    What warrants does Financial Recovery Division submit for recall?

    The Financial Recovery Division can only submit for “Capias Pro Fine” warrant recall once the case is paid in full.

    How can I get my Capias Pro Fine recalled after I have paid in full?

    Once you have paid your balance in full, contact the Financial Recovery Division ASAP. Ensure to have your case number ready so warrant can be located in system.

    How is my Capias Pro Fine recalled if I pay on the website or at kiosk?

    The system cannot automatically recall a Capias Pro Fine. An order with judge’s signature is required. Once you have paid your balance in full, contact the Financial Recovery Division ASAP.

    What happens if I make a partial payment to my case with an open warrant?

    Any partial payments posted to a case with a Capias Pro Fine will remain an active warrant until paid in full.

    If arrested on a warrant for outstanding fees, do I get time served toward credit?

    No, the balance on a Capias Pro Fine warrant does not reflect payments posted before the warrant was activated. Time served has to be for the balance reflected on the warrant.

    Which warrants does Financial Recovery not request for issuance?

    The Financial Recovery Division does not have the authority to request issuance or recall of warrants such as Capias Motion to Revoke, Probation, Bench Warrant, Alias Capias Judgment NISI, Failure to Appear, etc..
  • KIOSK Section
  • What is a TouchPay Kiosk?

    The TouchPay Kiosks are a convenient way for you to make your payments without having to go to any of our offices. There are several kiosks located around El Paso for your convenience.

    Where are the Kiosks located?

    We currently have 2 active Kiosks with more coming soon.

    El Paso County Northwest Annex
    435 Vinton Rd.
    Vinton, TX 79821
    Sun-Sat: 24 Hours a day

    El Paso County Ascarate Annex
    301 Manny Martinez
    El Paso, TX 79905
    Mon-Friday: 8:00 - 5:00

    Are Kiosks available 24 hours a day, seven days a week?

    Currently, only the El Paso County Northwest Annex is open 24/7.

    435 Vinton Rd.
    Vinton, TX 79821

    What forms of payment are accepted at Kiosks?

    Cash, credit and debit are accepted forms of payment at the Kiosks.

    Note: Kiosk machines do not give change back.

    Can I get change back if I pay cash at a Kiosk?

    NO. Kiosk machines do not give change back.

    Is there a fee for making cash payments at a Kiosk?

    Yes. There is a $3.00 flat fee for using a Kiosk. This fee is charged by the vendor.

    Is there a convenience fee for using credit or debit at a Kiosk?

    Yes. There is a $3.00 flat fee for using a Kiosk, and a charge of $1.95 for payments of $87.00 or less. Payments exceeding $87.00 are subject to a 2.25% convenience fee. These fees are charged by the vendor.

    Is there a $2.00 Administrative Fee when using a Kiosk?


    How fast will my payment be reflected in the county system?

    Your payment will show in the county system and will reflect in your case within 10 minutes of transaction.

    What kind of cases can I pay at Kiosks?

    Justice of the Peace cases, misdemeanor cases, felony cases, Domestic Relations Office court costs only, AG court costs only, protective order court costs only, and jury contempt fines.

    Can I make child support payments at the kiosks?

    NO. Child support payments are to be made at your designated office. Only payments towards the court costs that were incurred through the court process, related to child support cases can be made at kiosks.

    Do I need my case number to make a payment?

    No. If you do not know your case number, you will be prompted to enter your name and date of birth.

    What if I can’t find my case in the kiosk at all?

    Please contact your Financial Recovery Specialist for help with this matter at (915)543-3892. To find your financial recovery specialist and their extension, click here.

    What is the maximum amount I can pay at a kiosk?

    The maximum payment amount at Kiosks is $3,000.00 per transaction.

    What is the minimum payment a Kiosk will accept?

    There is no minimum payment, however, any payment that is equal to or less than the total amount of convenience fees will not reflect on your case.

    Does my Financial Recovery Specialist need to be notified of payment made at Kiosk?


    Which warrants can be recalled once a case is paid?

    Only a Capias Pro Fine Warrant can be recalled but the balance must be paid in full.

    Case with Capias Pro Fine Warrant paid off. How do I recall warrant?

    Please immediately call (915)543-3892 and dial option 3, Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM or email us at Include your case number in email.