Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
500 E. San Antonio
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2071
Fax (915) 546-2012 Main Office
Fax (915) 543-3806 Vitals Department (Vitals Request)
Fax (915) 543-3816 Cashier/Recording Department (CIQ filings)
El Paso County Clerk
- Birth Records and Information
- Birth Records Search
- Note: Birth records are closed records 75 years after filing date. The El Paso County Clerk's Office maintains a database for births in El Paso County, Texas, only. To search birth records in other Texas counties click here. See the menu below to search birth records in other U.S. states and territories.
- Birth in another state or county
- A Certificate of Birth (form VS-111) must be filed for any product of conception meeting the definition of a live birth, regardless of the length of gestation or chance of survival. Should the infant die, a certificate of death must also be filed. The birth certificate must be filed with the appropriate local registrar within 5 days from the date of birth.
- The birth certificate must be filed by the attendant at birth. If the birth occurs in a hospital or birthing center, the administrator may file the certificate. If the birth did not occur in a licensed institution and was not attended by a registered, certified or documented health care provider, the birth should be registered by the father or mother of the child.
- Births must be filed using the forms designed by the Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics. The most recent revision of the form must be used.
- Certified copies may only be issued to properly qualified applicants that have submitted proof of their identification and have fully identified the record requested.
- When a certificate is presented to this office for registration, it is assumed that all parental and hospital responsibilities have been completed such as reviewing the birth certificate for completeness and accuracy.