Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
500 E. San Antonio
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2071
Fax (915) 546-2012 Main Office
Fax (915) 543-3806 Vitals Department (Vitals Request)
Fax (915) 543-3816 Cashier/Recording Department (CIQ filings)
El Paso County Clerk
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Thank you for contacting the El Paso County Clerk’s Office for your public records search. Below you will find information and details regarding your request in custody by the County Clerk’s Office.
- What is the FOIA Act?:
- • As part of the Texas Government Code, Chapter 552 – you as the requestor have the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.
- • Please note that the County Clerk’s office is NOT the custodian of environmental and tax records.
- How to request records:
Below you will find links to request forms tailored to the information held by our office. Please fill out the form completely and hit “submit”. Our office will then respond to your request within 10 business days as allotted by state law. Be as specific as possible on your request so that we may acquire your information and respond to you in the time allotted by law.
- Methods of Payment for your Request:
- Cashier's Check (Checks/Money Orders should be made payable to El Paso County Clerk)
- Company Check
- Money Order
- Major Credit Card
- • American Express
- • Discovery
- • Master Card
- • VISA
- Please be advised that when paying with credit/debit card, there is a convenience fee of $1.95. Payments exceeding $87.00 are subject to a 2.25% convenience fee.
- For payment processing or further questions regarding payment methods, please contact our Accounting Department at (915) 546-8132.
- Request Forms
- Official Public Records Division
- Criminal Division
- Civil/Probate Division
- Vital Statistics Division
- Accounting Division
- Delia Briones