Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
500 E. San Antonio
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2071
Fax (915) 546-2012 Main Office
Fax (915) 543-3806 Vitals Department (Vitals Request)
Fax (915) 543-3816 Cashier/Recording Department (CIQ filings)
El Paso County Clerk
- Requesting Birth, Death Certificates, Marriage License Copies by Mail
- Requesting Vital Records by Mail
- • Applicant must be a "qualified" applicant.
- The following must be received by the applicant:
- • A signed letter making the request
- • Date of birth /date of death/date of marriage
- • Name of father, maiden name of mother
- • A copy of a valid, current ID of the person requesting record
- • The purpose or reason of the certificate is needed
- • Name of bride, groom, and date of marriage if requesting a copy of a marriage license
- • Relationship of person making the request to the person whose certificate is needed
- • Letter must be signed
- • A phone number to contact you
- • A return address
- • A money order made payable to The El Paso County Clerk (No cash or checks)
- • Prices for birth certificates are $23.00 each, marriage record copies are $7.00 each, death certificates are $21.00 for the first copy and $4.00 for any additional copy.
- All of the above should be mailed to the following address:
- El Paso County Clerk
- 500 E. San Antonio, Suite 105
- E1 Paso, TX 79901
- • Mail requests are usually returned back to the applicant within 10-15 business days.
- • Orders may also be obtained online at www.vitalchek.com
- Note: Our office is not responsible for replacing documents lost or stolen through mail.