Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
500 E. San Antonio
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2071
Fax (915) 546-2012 Main Office
Fax (915) 543-3806 Vitals Department (Vitals Request)
Fax (915) 543-3816 Cashier/Recording Department (CIQ filings)
El Paso County Clerk
- NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2013:
The following Statutes have been passed through the legislative system concerning Property Codes. To review the changes, please view the Texas Legislature Website at http://www.lrl.state.tx.us/legis/billsearch/lrlhome.cfm
H.B. No. 584
H.B. No. 3800
- The recording and filing of legal instruments is the main function of this department. It also serves as the central cashier point for all County Clerk departments. This department also handles Assumed Names.
- All documents filed must be the original and proved according to law, properly signed and acknowledged, or sworn to with a proper jurat, and the filing fee paid. A facsimile(FAX) is not a recordable instrument. Examples of documents filed with this office are deeds, liens and abstracts, contracts, power of attorney and revocations, lease, plats(maps), etc.
- Discharge records such as DD Form 214s, etc., are filed in the Deeds Department at no cost.
- Schedule of Filing Fees
- Fees must be paid by cashier's check, money order, or cash.
- Personal checks are not accepted. Money orders, business checks, and cashier’s checks only.
- Document filing fee:
- $16.00 first page, $4.00 each additional page
- Certified copies:
- $1.00 per page, $5.00 for certification