Council of Judges Administration
500 E. San Antonio
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 546-2143
Fax (915) 546-2019
Mike Izquierdo, Executive Director,
Martha A. Bañales, Office Manager,
Victor M. Ramirez,
Jury Panel Bailiff/Coordinator
500 S. Kansas, El Paso, TX 79901
(915) 546-8102, Fax (915) 543-3876
- Council of Judges Administration
- The Council of Judges Administration provides support for seventeen District Courts, seven County Courts at Law, two Probate Courts, a Jail Magistrate, an Associate Child Protective Services Court, three Associate Family Courts, one Protective Order Court, two Juvenile Court Referees, and four County Criminal Courts at Law.
- The administration consists of administrative staff handling the transfer of civil, criminal and family cases to and from courts; the appointment of attorneys to criminal cases of indigent defendants who qualify under the Indigent Defense Program; the assignment of Court Interpreters providing interpreting services for all the courts on behalf of non-English speaking defendants in criminal hearings or civil matters when requested; the assignment of Court Reporters and contract reporters to the courts when requested; the assignment of temp Court Coordinators and temp Bailiffs to assist the court when necessary; assisting the Visiting Judges assigned to the courts with additional staff of a temp bailiff, court coordinator and reporter; keep track of criminal law attorneys CLE’s training hours in order for them to handle criminal cases; data entry in up-dating and entering all attorneys in the data base; scheduling appointments for psychiatric evaluation of defendants; prepare and update strategic planning documents, COOP plan and Indigent Defense Plan; and assist the courts during budget hearings with their requests to Commissioners Court for equipment, staff, etc.
- Jury Duty
- Sign Language Interpreter If you require a sign language interpreter in order to serve as a juror, please contact the following personnel so that arrangements can be made for you:
- • DISTRICT CLERKS OFFICE: (915) 546-2021
- • PLEASE MAKE ARRANGEMENTS 10 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED JURY SERVICE.
- • By phone: 915-546-2021 AT JURY HALL ASK FOR ALFREDO MARQUEZ, SUPERVISOR – JURY DIVISION
- • By email TO: ALFREDO MARQUEZ AT email@example.com OR DISTRICK CLERK AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- • By fax: (915) 546-8139
- • By Mail or In Person: 200 S. Kansas St. El Paso TX 79901 TO THE ATTENTION OF “ALFREDO MARQUEZ”.