The mission of the Clinical Unit is to create a safe and compassionate environment in which clinicians aid in the empowering youth and families to grow by assisting them in recognizing and utilizing their strengths to overcome mental and /or behavioral health issues as a means to facilitate personal growth and development. All clinicians work with the juveniles and their families in a variety of areas.
• Challenge Academy – by providing quality substance abuse treatment and the skills needed for the juveniles and their families to establish a positive lifestyle free of substance use.
• Detention youth are seen on an as requested basis for crisis management.
• Screening and Assessment is conducted by trained licensed counselors and recommendations made to the court concerning substance abuse/use issues.
• Substance abuse intervention and prevention is provided to educate youth and families on the potential consequences of substance use in order for them to make positive choices in the future.
• Various like skills and alternatives are provided that will promote healthy lifestyle choices.
• Relapse prevention is provided to youth as they reintegrate into the home and community from out of home placement.
• Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT) is provided to juveniles who have been identified as serious offenders in order to provide the cognitive restructuring that will aid in development of a positive lifestyle.