El Paso County Parks and Recreation
6900 Delta Avenue
El Paso, Texas 79905
Phone (915) 771-2380
Parks & Recreation
- About Us
- To produce a rich mix of cultural, recreational, and social opportunities for the citizens of El Paso County and their visitors, in order to enhance the quality of life. To provide open space, recreation and facilities for the citizens of El Paso County and their visitors in order to offer equal opportunity for participation in a safe and secure environment.
- The Ascarate Park department is responsible for the maintenance and operations of the park which spans approximately 1,000 acres, including a 50 acre surface layer lake which is open to the public all year round. The park provides a clean and safe environment for the recreational needs of the residents of El Paso. Ascarate Park also actively participates in the formation of public policy and programs and local, state, and federal level pertaining to park and recreational planning and methods of financing affected by the leisure opportunities of the residents of the County.
- Goals and Objectives
- Goal 1:
- To strive for improvements that will continue to meet and exceed the changes conductive to the development and maintenance of a clean, safe and friendly park atmosphere.
- Goal 2:
- Develop and maintain a continuous program of education with the public and private sectors, emphasizing the social and economic values of a comprehensive park and recreational area in El Paso, Texas.
- Goal 3:
- Provide more park facilities, family picnic shelters, vegetation, grills, benches, jogging/walking trails, playground equipment, improved sewer/restroom facilities, new street and baseball field lighting, remodeled boat docks and concession stands, and new handball, basketball, and tennis courts.
- Objective 1:
- Maintain high standards of personnel efficiency and expertise to guarantee performance consistent with specialized obligations.
- Objective 2:
- Implement the "Park Master Plan" as a guide for park improvement that will direct the department on how to best meet the needs of the community.
- Objective 3:
- Begin new projects such as the Ascarate Park Tree Farm, the semi-private picnic area, the Paralyzed Veterans fishing area, and a general up-lift on all park restrooms.
- Objective 4:
- Implement a marketing/promotional plan for the County Parks and Recreation Department.