West Texas Community Supervision and Corrections
Director Magdalena Morales-Aina
800 E. Overland
El Paso, Texas 79901-2516
Phone (915) 546-8120
Fax (915) 546-8130
3700 Mattox St.
El Paso, Texas 79925
Phone (915) 772-8537
Fax (915) 775-2491
West Texas Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Court Residential Treatment Center
- Program Description
- The Court Residential Treatment Center (CRTC) was established in December 1978 as an innovative program for the offender whose criminal and anti-social behavior makes him a prime candidate for probation revocation and incarceration in the Institutional Division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. The CRTC is a community corrections facility that supervises up to 80 adult male offenders. The CRTC provides offenders comprehensive rehabilitative and treatment services to aid in the development of a productive, drug free, alcohol free, and crime free existence.
- Treatment Services
- Primary Treatment
- - In-depth diagnostic assessment
- - Recovery and relapse prevention
- - Individual and group counceling
- - Alcohol and drug assessment and education
- - Personal Growth Counseling
- - Stress Management Counseling
- - AA meetings (12 step study process)
- - Structured Residential Living
- - Psychiatric and Medical Assessment
- Secondary Treatment
- - Computer aided educational instruction
- Tier I Instruction for nonreaders. Lessons begin at pre-reading with visual discrimination and continue through the third grade level.
- Tier II Lessons begin at the fourth grade level and continue through the eighth grade level.
- Tier III Instruction for students interested in GED preperation. Lessons begin at the ninth grade level and continue through the eleventh grade level.
- English Express Instruction open to all levels of non-English speaking learners. This feature allows people privacy while learning conversational English.
- Life Skills Lessons designed to provide learners with the skills necessary to become productive citizens.
- Employability Skills Pre-employment Classes, work search and work release.
- - Vocational Services - Pre-employment Classes, work search and work release.
- - Community Service
- - Restitution
- - Recreational Activities
- - Referrral Services
- Admission Criteria
- - Clients must be experiencing drug or alcohol use problems
- - Clients must be court-ordered as a condition of community supervision
- - Clients must not have caused serious bodily harm or death of another, or used a weapon during the commission of their offence.
- - Referrals must have been screened for eligibility by the Assist. Dir. or S.O.I/C
- - Referrals must be court-ordered for CRTC placement as an original condition of community supervision or conditions have been modified in lieu of revocation.