West Texas Community Supervision and Corrections

Director Magdalena Morales-Aina

800 E. Overland
Suite 100
El Paso, Texas 79901-2516
Phone (915) 546-8120
Fax (915) 546-8130
WestTexasCSCD
@epcounty.com



Gus Gamez
CRTC Director

1650 N. Horizon Blvd.
El Paso, Texas 79927
Phone (915) 852-1505
Fax (915) 852-2672
(get map)

West Texas Community Supervision and Corrections Department

  • El Paso Intermediate Sanction Treatment Facility
  •  
  • The Intermediate Sanction Treatment Facility (ISTF) is the most restrictive community corrections facility in the West Texas Community Supervision and Corrections Department's continum of sanctions. It is a secure, 50 bed facility designed to divert probationers from the Correctional Institutional Division - Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ-CID) or the El Paso County Detention Facility (EPCDF). The facility is operated by Southern Corrections Systems, Inc. under contract with the West Texas Community Supervision and Corrections Department (WTCSCD).
  •  
  • The ISTF offers the following programs as alternatives to incarceration:
  •  
  • Intermediate Sanction Treatment Facility Program - Started operations on November of 1992. It houses 50 male offenders. The program offers GED and vocational classes and work release. Additionally, residents attend classes in substance abuse education, cognitive and life skills, anger management, and classes from Planned parenthood. The program accepts Title V offenders.
  •  
  • Residential Substance Abuse Program (RSAT)
  • Funded by a federal grant through the Criminal Justice Division of the Governor's Office, with 25% matching funds from TAIP. The program utilizes a modified theraputic community treatment modality in addressing substance abuse in a residential correctional setting. The program initiated operations on March of 2000 and houses sixteen male offenders. The program has a duration of six months of residential treatment and three to six months of aftercare.
  •  
  • Women's Substance Abuse Treatment Program
  • Initiated operations on April of 2002. The program is a residential substance abuse treatment program for female offenders. The program is modeled after the theraputic community concept of the Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Program. The program houses twelve female offenders completely segregated from the male population.