Judy Branham
Executive Director

500 E. San Antonio LL-108
El Paso, Texas 79901
Phone (915) 834-8200
Fax (915) 834-8299


Domestic Relations Office

  • Go to homepage

  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • General
  • Who Qualifies for Our Services?
  • To qualify for our services, the El Paso County Family Courts must have authority to decide your case. You must fill out an application and submit it with all the necessary documents that are required such as a Divorce Decree, Final Order and Suit Affecting Parent Child-Relationship.
  • How Do I apply?
  • Contact our office at (915)834-8200, our hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., MST.
  • Where Do I pay?
  • Your order directs you to where child support must be paid. Most orders direct that child support is paid to the:
    Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit
    P.O. Box 659791
    San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791
  • How can I pay my child support?
  • Payment options:
    1) Pay directly to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) by mail – State Disbursement Unit, P. O. Box 659791, San Antonio, Texas 78265-9791. Please include your name, 10 digit case number, and your cause number on your form payment, all payments need to be payable to Custodial Parent: Personal Check, Money Order, and/or Cashiers Check
    2) Pay by credit card online or bank draft at
    Customer Service telephone (for bank draft inquiries only): 1-855-853-8286
    3) Pay in cash at thousands of U.S. MoneyGram locations, including Walmart, CVS, and ACE Cash Express. To find a place to pay at www.MoneyGram.com/locations.
  • Do I need an interpreter when I speak with your office? Habla espanol?
  • We have Spanish-speaking employees who can help you. Tenemos empleados que habla hispana que le puede ayudar con cualquier pregunta
  • How can I find out how much of a balance I have, if any?
  • Contact the Child Support Office at (915) 834-8200 for a balance of your child support account.
  • How do I get my child support account set up and paying?
  • We are responsible for setting up new accounts for El Paso County with the Texas State Disbursement Unit. We also send out income withholding orders to employers to get your case paying.
  • How is child support paid?
  • In Texas, every child support order must contain an income withholding order that requires the paying parent’s employer to withhold child support from the payor’s check. Parties can agree to direct payments, but having payments go through a registry can be very helpful to either party when disagreements occur over amounts paid, or enforcement is sought. Otherwise, there is no record of monies paid and you will need court action to prove such in a dispute.
  • How can I get direct deposit?
  • Contact our office at (915) 834-8200 and we will e-mail or mail the form to the address provided.
  • ICSS
  • Can the Domestic Relations Office help me if my case is not in the ICSS Program?
  • You may qualify for services if you meet the certain qualifications. Contact us for determination at (915) 834-8200.
  • Can I get a list of payments or a payment history showing any arrearages?
  • Yes, contact our office at (915) 834-8200. There is no fee for a list of child support payments on your account.
  • I received letters from your office and the Office or the Attorney General (OAG), is the El Paso County Child Support Office part of the Office of Attorney General?
  • No, but we do have a contact with OAG to provide IV-D services on certain cases. For that reason, you may receive correspondence from us on OAG letterhead. We are able to provide many services to you free of charge through this cooperative agreement with the OAG.
  • Possession & Accesss
  • Can I keep my ex from visiting my child if they are not paying child support?
  • No. If your court order provides for visitation by the obligor, you will be in violation of your court order if you refuse to allow them to see the child. Additionally, your child should never be used as a tool in seeking payment of court-ordered child support.
  • What if my schedule does not allow me to keep the Possession and Access schedule consistently?
  • Contact our office to help arrange a possible alternate schedule that is flexible to your needs.
  • Attorney General
  • If you have an Attorney General case, please contact them at