RELEASE: RESULTS FOR MULTI-AGENCY DWI ROUNDUP
El Paso County Sheriff’s Office
3850 Justice Dr., El Paso, Texas 79938
Contact: Leslie Antunez / Public Information Officer
Office: (915) 538-2119
Mobile: (915) 479-1678
El Paso, TX - The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Fugitive Warrants and Apprehension Unit and Patrol Division conducted a multi- agency warrant round up December 14th – 17, 2015.
The Sheriff’s Office Fugitive Warrants and Apprehension Unit in conjunction with the El Paso Police Department DWI Task Force, Department of Homeland Security, Lone Star Fugitive Task Force, Horizon Police Department, Anthony Police Department and the El Paso County Constables Office.
The roundup focused on all outstanding Driving while Intoxicated related offenses. The results for the warrant roundup are as follows:
· A total of 92 individuals were arrested,
· 48 individuals were arrested for Driving while Intoxicated related offenses
· 44 other individuals were arrested for other offenses.
· A total of 24 felony warrants were executed
· A total of 83 misdemeanor warrants were executed
· Total bond amount for all subjects arrested was $850,087.00. Several of the subjects arrested had no bonds for their charges for which they were arrested for.
· Notable: Subject Ramon Avila, Age 26 was taken into custody during round up for Driving while intoxicated with a Child under 15 years of age with no bond. Avila was previously featured as one of the department’s “Most Wanted,” with Crime Stoppers of El Paso.